Monday, February 8, 2010

OPTIONAL: Self Defense Program for Brownies on Saturday, March 20 in Auburn

During Brownie Circle today, several of the Brownies expressed an interest in karate & other martial arts.
Girl Scouts of Central Massachusetts is holding a special TRY-IT Program for Brownies at McCoys Action Karate in Auburn on Saturday, March 20, from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: $5
Registration deadline: Feb. 15 or when 80 Brownies are registered

THIS IS AN OPTIONAL EVENT

I just registered my daughter this evening. I could take up to 2 other Brownies in my car. (Please e-mail me, if interested & I can explain the registration process and how you prepay with a credit card.)

All Brownies can attend with an adult (18 or older) registered with them, even if my car fills up. Adults are FREE!!
Parents must register the Brownie online and fill out a form and pre-pay with a credit card.

PROGRAM INFO: Think Brownies are too young or too small to learn how to defend themselves? Think again!
Girls will learn techniques they can use if they ever find themselves in a sticky situation.
We'll cover bullying, self-confidence, body language, tone of voice, and more!
This event is age-appropriate and totally fun!
Girls will earn an out-of-council Brownie Try-It at this special workshop.

•Event #: 4689

E-mail me if you have any questions
-- Susan

No comments: